Saturday, July 21, 2007

Unnecessary Over-Analysis of Fast Food Advertising

So Subway has ripped off the monopoly game from McDonalds and put Scrabble stickers on their drinks and tuna and what not.

I'm fine with that, mostly because I can't stop laughing at the new commercial.

Why are all the folks who get soaked by flying soft drinks so happy? They've just been pelted by a stream of cola and look like they've never been more satisfied. Why aren't they jealous that the person next to them (who has just ruined their clothing) has just won a Sandals vacation? After all, they were probably either just in front or behind the beverage chucker in line to buy their sub and just barely missed the winning sticker.

Subway has seriously misrepresented a strangers reaction to being drenched with diet. Next time I'm there, I plan to hurl my drink all over my sandwich artist before declaring "sorry, I thought I got the letter x."

No comments: